What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
- Created by the local community, it provides a framework to guide local development.
- A Plan enables us to influence the location, nature and scale of building in the parish; for example, where new homes could go and which areas shoud be protected.
- Unlike the old Parish Plan, our Neighbourhood Plan will have real teeth. Once adopted, it has legal weight and becomes part of Cornwall Council’s planning regulations.
- BUT – To be approved, it MUST reflect the needs and views of the local people like you.
Why do we need a Neighbourhood Plan?
- There is increasing pressure to allow relatively large development in areas like Landulph.
- With a Plan, we will have a major influence on the nature, scale and location of any development in the parish.
- Without a Plan, decisions will be made elsewhere and our influence will be very limited